Recount: Marshmallow Challenge

Task description: This week we have been learning all about how to create a recount and adding lots of detial and descriptive langauge. As a class we completed a fun activity called the marshmallow challnege. After completeing the challenge we then wrote a recount about our expereinces. Check out my writing below. Please leave a positive comment on my blog. 

For term 4 we did a marshmallow challenge. My group, which had 5 people in it, helped me. Maddison,catherine,sophia,emzjull and me did the marshmallow challenge. My favourite part was at the end when we got to eat the marshmallows. We all had thoughts and ideas but didn’t like any of them. It was sad we didn’t get to listen to maddisons one.

We all got to take turns talking about each other’s ideas and in the end we decided to go with Emzjull’s ideas which was to break the marshmallows and spaghetti apart to make a longer tower which had more marshmallows if you broke it apart. We all liked that idea and started to build our structure which was the tower.

We built one by one with the marshmallows and the spaghetti and finally made a tower. We thought we did it but we didn’t because it always broke so it was hard to build it back together. Some of us had to hold it to make sure it didn’t fall down so we wouldn’t lose. We managed to finish building our tower and ate the marshmallows. At least we had fun, which was the most important part.